Part 1): A simple and quick method on How to square a number ending with 5.
In this I am going to tell one simple method of Vedic Mathematics to make the square of a number which ends with 5.
Whenever a number ends with 5, definitely the last two digits will be 25. Now the remaining part of the answer can be calculated by multiplying a number with its next. For example if the given number is 35 then first part will be 25 and the remaining part will be 3×4=12. So the answer is 1225.
Example: Find square of 15.
Here the last two digits will be 25 and the first two digits are calculated by 1×2=02. So the answer is 225.
Let us take another example for clear understanding.
Example: Find square of 65.
Solution: first part will be 6×7=42. So the answer is 4225.
Part 2): Multiplication of two numbers having first digit same and last digits add up to 10.
Example: Multiply 46×44.
- Both numbers having digit 4 same.
- Last digits that are 6 and 4 add up to 10.
- So we just multiply 4×5 =20 for getting first part of the answer.
- Also multiply last digits (6×4=24) for second part of the answer.
- So the answer is 2024.
Example: Multiply 71×79.
- Both numbers having digit 7 same.
- Last digits that are 1 and 9 add up to 10.
- So we just multiply 7×8=56 for getting first part of the answer.
- Also multiply last digits (9×1=09) for second part of the answer.
- So the answer is 5609.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Facebook id:https://www.facebook.com/sohail.ansari.itm linkedin id:http://in.linkedin.com/pub/sohail-ansari/73/17a/547/